[Michlib-l] Registration is Open for the Small and Rural Libraries Conference

White, Shannon (MDE) WhiteS29 at michigan.gov
Wed Mar 5 16:06:26 EST 2014

Have you registered yet to attend the 2014 Small and Rural Libraries Conference? Nearly 300 of your colleagues have already registered.  If you are thinking about attending this years' event on Mackinac Island be sure to get your registration submitted by our deadline of March 31.

By attending the 2014 Loleta Fyan Small and Rural Libraries Conference you will expand your network of colleagues and increase your knowledge of library service. There are 68 sessions to choose from our seven tracks.  Attendees will hear about trends in the library community, visit with authors, discuss products with vendors, pick up a prize, and bring back new ideas to improve library services in your local community.

Highlights this year include:

*         Rhoda Janzen, author of Mennonite in a Little Black Dress, will be our featured keynote on Friday morning. Visit with Rhoda during the book-signing immediately afterwards.

*         Carriage and trolley tours are scheduled for attendees and guests on Thursday and Friday, be sure to sign up for your tour by April 7.

*         An expanded Trustee track is available all three days of the conference.

*         25 exhibitors have already registered to attend and there is still time for others to join us.

*         Marian the Librarian will also be joining us on the island.

For full details visit: www.michigan.gov/fyanconference<http://www.michigan.gov/fyanconference>

Our conference registration ends on March 31 and all lodging requests need to be received by the Grand Hotel by the same date so be sure to nail down your plans early.

If you have questions, please feel free to contact us!

Shannon

Shannon D. White
Continuing Education Coordinator
Library of Michigan
702 West Kalamazoo, P.O. Box 30007, Lansing, MI 48909-7507
Ph: 517-373-9489; Fax: 517-373-5700
Toll free:  877-479-0021
whites29 at michigan.gov<mailto:whites29 at michigan.gov>
http://michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan