[Michlib-l] Consultant needed

Sylvia Merz lelandlibrary at lelandtownshiplibrary.org
Wed Oct 1 14:17:55 EDT 2014

Hello everyone.

My Board has asked me to try to locate a 'consultant' who can take a look at
our operational staffing needs from a standpoint of use of volunteers vs
paid staff at the circulation desk.    We currently use only volunteers to
staff our circulation desk, and that is becoming increasingly difficult
because not only because of the technical aspects of the service, but with
the detailed knowledge required.  So I am proposing an additional paid staff
person who would  be called a Circulation Clerk.  The Board wonders if there
is such a consultant who could outline the merits/benefits of having a paid
staff, not replacing the volunteers, but rather supervising them, while
being the primary contact with our patrons at the front desk.

Does anyone know of such an animal out there?

Appreciate your insights. .

Sylvia Merz, Director

Leland Township Library

203 E. Cedar St., P.O. Box 736

Leland, MI 49654-0736

PH: 231-256-9152     FAX: 231-256-8847

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday - 10 to 5     Wednesday-10 to 6
Saturday-10 to 2

www.lelandtownshiplibrary.michlibrary.org
<http://www.lelandtownshiplibrary.michlibrary.org/>

cid:image001.jpg at 01CE99C7.13A1DE40