[Michlib-l] MeLCat Request Drops

Barbara Dinan bdinan at plymouthlibrary.org
Thu Oct 2 13:54:22 EDT 2014

My apologies if you have already considered this ... Have the patrons in
question updated their emails on their MeL accounts? (MeL issues a default
email and patrons need to change them to their personal emails.)

If the lending library can not fulfill the request, an email is sent to
the patron to let them know that the request will be canceled. If MeL
doesn't have the patrons' email, then it could look like what you have
described -- the request would "disappear" and the receiving library would
have no notice because there was nothing for them to receive.

Every time I have had a patron complaint about dropped or missing MeL
requests, this has turned out to be the case.

I hope this helps.
Barb Dinan
Plymouth Library