[Michlib-l] Using Brodart for collection development

Andrea Smalley asmalley at vicksburglibrary.org
Thu Aug 6 15:42:09 EDT 2015

Hello Everyone,

We are looking into using Brodart for collection development, mainly of
DVDs. Is there anyone who has experience purchasing DVDs and/or books and/or
music CDs from them that would be willing to comment on it? We're also
wondering about the quality of the MARC records they send, given the .25
charge per record. If someone had a few samples that they could send to pass
along to our cataloger, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Andrea Smalley

Head of Circulation

Vicksburg District Library