[Michlib-l] MeL Minute - Driver Education Resources

Borrelli, Eunice (MDE) BorrelliE at michigan.gov
Thu Aug 6 15:50:22 EDT 2015

Hello all,

Maybe you would agree that Michigan roads are bad enough without adding unsafe drivers to the mix.  To help in efforts to develop driving skills for beginners to aging drivers, we recently added two new resources to MeL.org<http://mel.org/>.  For beginners, we now link to Driving-tests.org's Michigan specific site<http://mel.driving-tests.org/michigan/> for drivers needing to study for car, motorcycle, and Commercial Driver License (CDL) tests.  11 car tests, 8 motorcycle tests, and 3 CDL tests include permit practice tests, Signs & Situations, Fines and Limits, HazMat, Air Brakes, and for car and motorcycle, test simulators - just like the real DMV tests.  This resource is in the Teens Gateway, Life Happens<http://teens.mel.org/index.php?P=MeLLifeHappens&ParentId=1000> section and Jobs Gateway, Tutorials<http://mel.org/index.php?P=MeLGateways&ParentId=1006> section.

Thanks to our partners in the Michigan Secretary of State's office<http://www.michigan.gov/sos/>, we've added a link to their Guide for Aging Drivers and their Families<http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127-1627_69439---,00.html> in the MeL Health Gateway under Individuals/Families<http://mel.org/index.php?P=MeLGateways&ParentId=991> and Michigan<http://mel.org/index.php?P=MeLGateways&ParentId=990> sections.  Download the PDF booklet, email SOS to obtain a single or few copies, or contact the SOS office to obtain 50 or more copies.

We hope you and your patrons will find these tools helpful.

MeL Minutes are brought to you by the Library of Michigan.  Want more information on MeL?  Stay tuned for next week's MeL Minute available on many Michigan library listservs, email us at contact at mel.org<mailto:contact at mel.org> or visit mel.org<http://mel.org/>.  We encourage you to share MeL Minutes with your public service colleagues.

Eunice

Eunice C. Borrelli
Michigan eLibrary Internet Librarian, Library of Michigan/Michigan Dept. of Education
702 W. Kalamazoo St., Lansing, MI 48909
Phone: 517-241-4996    Toll Free: 877-479-0021     Fax: 517-373-5700

[Follow MeL on Twitter]<https://twitter.com/meldotorg>  [MeL - Michigan eLibrary Logo] <http://mel.org/>   [Like MeL on Facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/mel.org>
[image004]Nourishing Michigan's Future...during school and during the summer!  Encourage Michigan's children to Meet Up and Eat Up - and Read Up! Find the Summer Food Service Program site nearest you at:  www.michigan.gov/sfsp<http://www.michigan.gov/sfsp>