[Michlib-l] Learn about Legacy gifts & Estate Planning Education - Dec 11th in Novi

Julie Meredith juliem at indelib.org
Wed Dec 2 17:19:03 EST 2015

Hello Everyone-

The incoming president of our library's Friends group is a development director for a non-profit and is encouraging our Friends group, Library Board and Staff to better educate ourselves about fundraising, and especially the possibility of legacy gifts for our library. To that end we are bringing in Bill Winkler, a speaker from the Leave a Legacy Speakers' bureau of the Planned Giving Round Table of Southeast Michigan. This is a professional organization of development directors and estate planning professionals helping to educate their membership and the general public about legacy gifts and estate planning.

Bill will be presenting at the Novi Public Library on Friday, December 11th at 10am. This is a free and open event intended for Directors, Trustees, Staff and Friends. See all the details below.

Thanks!
Julie

Julie Meredith
Director
Clarkston Independence District Library
6495 Clarkston Rd
Clarkston, MI 48346
248.625.2212
juliem at indelib.org<mailto:juliem at indelib.org>

Would you like to provide solicitation-free programs at your library
about the benefits of estate planning?

Are you curious about how legacy gifts can be left to your library?

Leave a Legacy
Planned Giving Roundtable of Southeast Michigan
can help

The Planned Giving Roundtable (PGRT) is a professional organization of 140 development officers, estate planning attorneys and financial planners. PGRT's purpose is to educate their members and provide the necessary skills to be effective advocates and better fundraisers for the non-profits they represent.

PGRT, through its Leave a Legacy Speakers' Bureau, can also help your library. Legacy gifts can be impactful and transformational to organizations that are near and dear to a donor's heart. This program is an effort to educate the broader public on the opportunities. There is absolutely no solicitation of any kind.

Educating the public about leaving a legacy is ideal for the library environment, but before you bring a speaker into your library, you should know what they will say.

Educate yourself, educate your patrons
about legacy gifts and estate planning.

Attend a session specifically for Library Directors and Staff
Presented by Bill Winkler

Friday, December 11th
10am-noon
Novi Public Library

Register by contacting:
Julie Meredith
juliem at indelib.org<mailto:Juliem at indelib.org>
248.625.2212

These presentations are about legacy funding for your library and estate planning education,
not community foundations.