[Michlib-l] Every Child Ready to Read program announcement!

Reish, Karren (MDE) ReishK at michigan.gov
Fri Dec 4 13:41:39 EST 2015

The Library of Michigan is pleased to announce that we are launching a two year Every Child Ready to Read (ECRR) program. This program is based on the American Library Association Every Child Ready to Read materials. You can find more information about the program at   www.everychildreadytoread.org/<http://www.everychildreadytoread.org/>. The full program description is at www.michigan.gov/youthlibraryservices<http://www.michigan.gov/youthlibraryservices> in the Every Child Ready to Read section.

The program will include a free copy of the Every Child Ready to Read training materials for Michigan public libraries and a two-year training and continuing education program. You do NOT need to participate in training in order to request materials. Please complete this survey to request materials. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2016ECRR. Materials will be distributed in January 2016 on a first come, first served basis until materials run out. Those who respond to the survey by Wednesday, December 23rd will have their materials shipped by the first week of January.

The training program details will be announced no later than early January 2016 and will include daylong workshops in March 2016 and March 2017, training sessions at Rural Libraries Conference in May 2016, a webinar series and a newsletter series. Our trainer is Sue Nescepa of Kid Lit Plus Consulting.

If you have any questions, please contact Karren Reish at 517-241-0021 or reishk at michigan.gov<Mailto:>

Karren Reish
Library Grants Coordinator
Library of Michigan
517-241-0021
517-373-5700 f
reishk at michigan.gov<mailto:reishk at michigan.gov>

Customer Service is a priority at the Michigan Department of Education - helping Michigan schools, families, and communities improve the achievement and well-being of ALL our children.
[http://inside.michigan.gov/mde/docs/Docs%20and%20Templates/MDE%20-%20Color%20+%20Transparent.gif]