[Michlib-l] Michigan Author Mardi Jo Link

aldenlib at torchlake.com aldenlib at torchlake.com
Mon Dec 14 14:05:37 EST 2015

Hello,

We had Mardi Jo Link speak after our Friends of the Library holiday
luncheon last week, and she was a hit with an audience that included
several people from outside our local community. Mardi asked me to post
this:
Have you ever had Mardi Link to your library? If the answer is yes then
you know what an engaging speaker she is. Mardi (_BOOTSTRAPPER_, _THE
DRUMMOND GIRLS_) recently received her MFA and has developed a
memoir-writing workshop she's now offering to give at libraries. Called,
"Yes, you CAN write a memoir!" the workshop lasts two hours and includes
helpful writing prompts, opportunities for participants to read their
work out loud to the group, a suggested reading list and handouts,
publishing insight, and a personal on-site critique from Mardi. She has
several dates available between Jan. 2 and March 31 and charges $500 all
inclusive. If interested Mardi's email address is mardi5 at charter.net.

I attended her memoir-writing workshop at the Charlevoix Public Library
a few years ago and loved it. I'm going to send out an email to our
Friends to gauge the interest of such a class and hope to set a date
with her myself.

Sue Riegler, Director

Alden District Library