[Michlib-l] Michigan Reads 2015 Programming Guide available!

Reish, Karren (MDE) ReishK at michigan.gov
Fri Jun 5 12:05:42 EDT 2015

The 2015 Michigan Reads! Programming Guide and many other new materials are available now. The 2015 book is Do Unto Otters by Michigan author Laurie Keller. We have graphics, a parent handout about finding Do Unto Otters in BookFlix, a crosswalk to academic standards for the programming guide activities and much more posted. The guide is full of resources to help children develop literacy skills through play-based activities linked to the selected book. Activities are for infant, toddler, preschool and K-2 age groups. The Preschool and K-2 activities are linked to Michigan Academic Standards.  The full programming kit includes a book, a programming guide, a poster, and bookmarks with parent engagement tips.  A complete kit will go out to public libraries, schools with K-2 classrooms, and Head Start and Great Start Readiness programs in late August for use in September and October.

The author tour sites will be posted soon as well. If you have any questions, please contact me.

Karren Reish
Library Grants Coordinator
Library of Michigan
517-241-0021