[Michlib-l] Job Postings/Children's/Teen Services Librarian
lbeckwith at hillsdale-library.org
Fri Jun 5 13:36:14 EDT 2015
This individual will develop, implement, and supervise children's and teen services provided by the library. This individual will also assist in supervising the daily operation of the library as assigned, and provides assistance to library support staff as needed. Reports to, and is evaluated by, the Library Director.
Examples of Duties:
* Coordinates and directs programs of service to children and teens
* Makes expenditures within the budget allotment
* Keeps accurate records of all children's library income, including fines, gifts, and all library expenditures
* Keeps accurate records of all children's programs, reported monthly to the director
* Develops and proposes service programming, policies and procedures related to children and teen services in the library
* Monitors the quality and effectiveness of existing programs and practices
* Assists Library Director with collection development and cataloging of new materials
* Assists patrons with question about public access computers or computer functions
* Answers telephone and provides routine information to patrons
* Checks books, magazines and other library holdings in and out at the circulation desk and collects fines using an automated circulation system
* Maintains close contact with the Library Director to ensure administration of quality service
* Helps oversee library pages and or volunteers
* Performs other related duties as required
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* A library science degree or education degree
* Experience working with children
* Knowledge of children's and teen literature and general interests
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Experiences in office practices, especially helping to prepare budgets and some basic accounting procedures
* Willing to obtain library certification and further training in professional skills
This is a part-time 25-28 hour a week position with some evening and/or Saturday work.
The City of Hillsdale uses a performance based pay scale. The starting pay for this position is $10.00 per hour.
Procedure: All applicants must email a cover letter, a resume, and three references by July 6, 2015, to be considered for the position.
Submit to: LeAnn Beckwith, Library Director, at lbeckwith at hillsdale-library.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Michlib-l