[Michlib-l] LM homepage has new features

Norris, Sonya (MDE) NorrisS2 at michigan.gov
Thu Jun 18 07:49:58 EDT 2015

LM recently unveiled a new homepage. The page has four tabs: About Us, Services for Libraries, Research and Headlines. Each tab contains information not found anywhere else on the site.

The purpose of the new tabbed layout is to promote information of importance to Michigan library staff and patrons. We want to provide items that are timely and useful for tasks such as keeping up with the profession and patron research.

Under the first tab, About Us, we still have our rotating carousel that provides LM news, shout-outs to Michigan libraries, and other items of interest. On About Us is our brick and mortar area which talks about upcoming LM programming and provides easy access to a librarian and catalog search.

In Services for Libraries we provide continuing education listings culled from national opportunities and weekly updates of examples of useful statistical data about Michigan libraries from library data analyst Joe Hamlin. We also offer a special section, "Build Your Community" about effective outreach efforts and learning opportunities across Michigan and the nation for this important aspect of modern-day librarianship.

The Research tab is a regularly updated showcase of LM offerings from our law library, newspaper collection, Michigan collection and more. Be sure to check out this great space.

Headlines is news of interest to Michigan library staff divided into three sections: national news, state news and LM news. Here we promote the initiatives of the many organizations that we consider partners in promoting the library profession.

Check us out at www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan<http://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan>.

Sonya Schryer Norris
Library Consultant
Library of Michigan

702 W. Kalamazoo St.
P.O. Box 30007
Lansing, MI 48909-7507
Ph: 517-373-4457
Fax: 517-373-5700
http://mi.gov/libraryofmichigan
http://mel.org<http://mel.org/>
http://michlibrary.org<http://michlibrary.org/>

Nourishing Michigan's Future...during school and during the summer!  Consider being a sponsor or site for the Summer Food Service Program and encourage Michigan's children to Meet Up and Eat Up - and Read Up!    www.michigan.gov/sfsp<http://www.michigan.gov/sfsp>

[image004]