[Michlib-l] 2014 Michigan Electrical Code Rules, Part 8 AND 2014 National Electrical Code

Jim Flury jflury at tln.lib.mi.us
Tue Jun 23 14:43:01 EDT 2015

All,

The 2014 Michigan Electrical Code Rules, Part 8 went effective June 18, 2015 (oops). Here is what the Bureau of Construction Codes, Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, had to say regarding this:

"The (Michigan) Bureau of Construction Codes has amended the Construction Code Rules, Part 8.  All units of government that administer and enforce the electrical code shall enforce the amended state electrical code effective June 18, 2015."

The Michigan Electrical Code Rules, Part 8 are published every three years, to coincide with the publication of the National Electrical Code (NEC). Most municipalities will want to have both publications on hand, or be able to turn to their local library for same.

As we do with all of the Michigan specific code books, TLN is offering a bulk purchase opportunity for same to Michigan libraries. Please let us know if you would like to order either, or both:

1. 2014 Michigan Electrical Code Rules, Part 8: Price is $10.00
2. 2014 National Electrical Code: Price is $95.00, although we may get a discount depending upon how many copies we bulk order

As the 2014 Part 8 rules have already gone into effect (oops), let's move this along quickly. Order deadline is Friday, July 3. Send us your orders now!

Finally, if you need a copy of the 2014 Part 8 rules immediately, here is a link where you may print your own copy:

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/lara/lara_bcc_electrical_2014_part_8_rules_492610_7.pdf

Please send us your orders by no later than Friday, July 3!

Thanks.

Jim

Jim Flury
Technical Services Manager