[Michlib-l] Strategic Planning in Small Libraries (Infopeople Course) $150

White, Shannon (MDE) WhiteS29 at michigan.gov
Tue May 5 12:55:46 EDT 2015

I thought I would send this out to everyone since we often see questions on the list about strategic planning, especially from small libraries.  Below is an online course offered by a non-profit out of California called InfoPeople. They provide continuing education to the library community via the California State Library as well as to others outside of the state.  Please contact them directly with questions about the course. Information can be found below regarding dates and registration etc.

Strategic Planning in Small Libraries<https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=483>

An Infopeople 4-week online course, May 26 - June 22, 2015

Does your library have a strategic plan? Having a current strategic plan is vital to all libraries as a way to help move staff, programs, and services in a cohesive, determined direction. Are you feeling unsure about where to start, who to involve, and how you're going to find the time to take on one more project? This course, specifically designed for small libraries, will equip you with a variety of skills and techniques to help simplify the process.

You will be guided through the creation of a step-by-step framework for a basic strategic plan that can be readily implemented, revisited, and revised according to library needs.

Instructor: Lana Gardner<https://infopeople.org/people/lana-gardner>

Fee: $75 for those in the California library community and Infopeople Partners, $150 for all others.
For a complete course description and to register go to https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=483
Gini Ambrosino, Infopeople Project Assistant
705 E. Bidwell, Suite 2 - 312
Folsom, CA 95630
(916) 690-6595
assist at infopeople.org<mailto:assist at infopeople.org>
http://infopeople.org/

Shannon
Shannon D. White
Library of Michigan
702 West Kalamazoo, P.O. Box 30007, Lansing, MI 48909-7507
Ph: 517-373-9489; Fax: 517-373-5700
Toll free:  877-479-0021
whites29 at michigan.gov<mailto:whites29 at michigan.gov>
http://michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan

Nourishing Michigan's Future...during school and during the summer!  Consider being a sponsor or site for the Summer Food Service Program and encourage Michigan's children to Meet Up and Eat Up - and Read Up!    www.michigan.gov/sfsp<http://www.michigan.gov/sfsp>