[Michlib-l] Social Security classes

Jennifer Hassell Jennifer.Hassell at FarmLib.org
Wed May 6 13:30:04 EDT 2015

I have a patron interested in attending a Social Security 101 type class.  We had one during Money Smart Week that she missed and is looking for something similar.  I cannot find anything!

We won't be offering another class until the fall.

The patron's home library has nothing on their event calendar at the moment.

The Parks and Rec divisions of Farmington Hills and West Bloomfield (where she lives) have no summer offerings.

I contacted ssa.gov and received a less than helpful e-mail response.

Schoolcraft College and Oakland Community College have nothing in their continuing ed programs.

This should not be so difficult, right?  Either my brain is not working or this is unnecessarily complicated.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Jen Hassell
Adult Services Librarian