[Michlib-l] Beginning Workshop Scheduled for May 18-20 in Bellaire, MI

White, Shannon (MDE) WhiteS29 at michigan.gov
Thu Oct 1 11:23:15 EDT 2015

The 2016 Beginning Workshop is schedule for Wednesday, May 18 through Friday, May 20, at Shanty Creek Resorts in Bellaire, MI.

Our online registration will open for this after the new year.

You can find information about the annual event at www.michigan.gov/beginningworkshop<http://www.michigan.gov/beginningworkshop>   Last year's information booklet is still online if you are interested in understanding more about the content of the 3-day event.

The Beginning Workshop is required for library staff wanting to obtain Level 3 or a Level 4 Library of Michigan certification. The Beginning Workshop event is geared for those that do not have a masters level degree in library science and have little experience working in libraries.  All types of library staff attend the event each year from pages to directors. We usually host between 70-100 participants each year and have a variety of presentations, group activities and table talks.

Questions about the event can be directed to me at whites29 at michigan.gov<mailto:whites29 at michigan.gov>  or 517-373-1580.

Questions about Certification and necessary requirements to obtain certification can be directed to Joe Hamlin at hamlinj2 at michigan.gov<mailto:hamlinj2 at michigan.gov> or 517-373-1580.

Please let us know if you need information or have questions.

Shannon

Shannon White
Library of Michigan
702 W. Kalamazoo