[Michlib-l] Amazon will start charging sales tax in Michigan

Jessica Little cutlerlibrary at live.com
Fri Oct 16 11:47:10 EDT 2015

Related to the conversation about Amazon charging sales tax, I was
informed by one of their third party sellers (whom we've frequently
purchased from in the past) that they "do not offer tax-exempt shipments
to states that require us to collect sales tax." The representative
suggested I submit the invoice to our local tax agency (i.e. the State
of Michigan) for reimbursement.

The order was fulfilled by Motor City Books, but the customer service
representative who replied to my email had all of the following
resellers in his/her signature line: Thrift Books | Green Earth Books |
Motor City Books | Atlanta Book Company | Blue Cloud Books | Yankee
Clipper Books | Books Squared | Silver Arch Books | Free State Books |
Sierra Nevada Books. Therefore we won't be ordering used books from any
of those vendors.

Just thought I'd share.

Regards,
Jessica