[Michlib-l] The Barbies are Here - at the Warren Civic Center Library

Jennifer Lund jlund at cityofwarren.org
Wed Jan 6 10:50:15 EST 2016

On January 4th, 2016 , Maribeth Regnier will bring her fashion doll exhibit to the Warren Public Library - Civic Center Branch. The "Oh You Beautiful Doll Show" will feature 170 fashion dolls shown in hand knitted designs. To replicate adult fashion knitwear to scale the designs are knitted on miniature needles - sometimes called lace pins.

The exhibit shows unique and extraordinary design composition of yarns, textures and colors in conjunction with precision tailoring. This is not haute couture but reflects, instead, the styles and clothing we have all worn over our lifetimes.

Ms. Regnier's collection has been shown in public libraries, at knitting and craft fairs, at retirement communities, tea parties, fiber fairs, and at The Howell Opera House. Recently the Detroit News featured the Doll Show in an article.

This is a fashion doll retrospective showcasing our American experience! A "must see" for knitters and crafters, fashionistas, art enthusiasts, and doll lovers of all ages. The dolls will be on display for the whole month of January. Please come and enjoy this exhibit!

Jennifer Lund

Warren Public Library - Civic Center Branch

One City Square, Suite 100

Warren, MI  48093-2396

(586) 751-0770