[Michlib-l] IRS Tax Forms

Mary Vergowven Mary.Vergowven at monroe.lib.mi.us
Thu Jan 28 16:23:21 EST 2016

Hi Dillon

Those forms are considered machine readable and many are multi-part, so they cannot be printed on a copy machine. They are printed in red ink.
The 1096 is the cover sheet that is sent along with any 1097, 1098 or 1099s that are filed.

It's the same with the W2 and W3 forms, multi-part and machine readable.
The forms can be ordered on the IRS website - our library orders some of them to have on hand for patrons. They are also sold at Staples.
I hope this answers your question :-)

Mary Vergowven
Reference Librarian
Ellis Library and Reference Center