[Michlib-l] Summer Reading: how to count unpublished stories

Linda Smith lsmith at tadl.org
Fri Jun 17 12:08:11 EDT 2016

I have our teens report how many hours they read. That way slower readers
can compete with faster readers and manga readers don't get any more credit
than someone reading Dante's Inferno. This also helps with the online fan
fiction and original self published titles, a huge source of reading for
the teens at my library.

Linda Smith
Teen Services Coordinator
   Traverse Area District Library