[Michlib-l] Online Maker Office Hours this Friday, 4/1, noon-1pm. Topic: 3D Printing & Modeling (no fooling!)

Kristin Fontichiaro font at umich.edu
Mon Mar 28 15:12:15 EDT 2016

Howdy!

Maker Office Hours are back this Friday, April 1 noon-1pm. This month's
topic is *3D Printing and Modeling*. We'll talk for 15 minutes or so about
options for using various 3D modeling tools to help students and patrons
really become creators of 3D models, not just printers/consumers of others'
designs. This creator/consumer tug-of-war is something we struggle with a
lot, so we imagine we're not the only ones!

Then we'll open up the conversation for your ideas, questions, and concerns.

Hope to see you online -- see below for login information! If you can't
make it, we'll archive the conversation here
<http://imlsmaking.sites.uofmhosting.net/maker-office-hours/>.

Also, for those of you in high schools with career and technical education
programs, don't forget that the deadline for initial entry in the U.S.
Department of Education's CTE Makeover Challenge
<http://ctemakeoverchallenge.com> ($200K in prize money) is also this
Friday, April 1. This initial proposal is designed to take no more than an
hour. Successful applicants in the initial round are then invited to an
extended "boot camp" to build up skills and expertise prior to submitting a
final application later this spring, which should really help level the
playing field!

And if you missed the big White House announcements about making a few
weeks ago, check them out here
<https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2016/03/09/announcing-june-17-23-week-making>
!

Best,
Kristin Fontichiaro & Mayank Khanna

To join the Meeting:
https://bluejeans.com/385589349

To join via Browser:
https://bluejeans.com/385589349/browser

To join with Lync:
https://bluejeans.com/385589349/lync

To join via Cisco Jabber Video:
https://bluejeans.com/385589349/jabber

To join via Room System:
Video Conferencing System: bjn.vc -or-199.48.152.152
Meeting ID : 385589349

To join via phone :
1)  Dial:
+1 408 740 7256