[Michlib-l] Robotics @ the Library: June 19 – 25, 2016

Valerie Meyerson vmeyerson at petoskeylibrary.org
Thu May 19 10:28:21 EDT 2016

Hello fellow librarians –

Jean Montgomery, Heidi Nagel and Val Meyerson, are working on an initiative to entice robots to visit every library in the state, all in the same week. We are hoping you may be interested in participating in such an endeavor. We know it’s late in the game for summer planning, but hope you may be willing to host a robot in your library for a visit. This is a great way to make a connection with your local robotics team, promote your STEM programming, and help your local team with more publicity, and who doesn’t love a robot? All you have to do is reach out to your team and ask if they would be willing to do a demo at your library during the week of June 19 – June 25, 2016. The demo or program plan would be up to you and the team. It could be as little as a robot in your lobby, or a robot playing catch during story-time, or the team demonstrating STEM kits, or 3D printing. It is up to you! I’ve attached a list of teams and typically if you have a team in your area, just search their team name and number and you will find contact information. If you do not have a team in your area, give us a call, and we can help match you up. I’ve also attached some press kit templates which will help get you started with your promotion.

If you are interested and would like assistance in getting a robot match, please contact one of us for assistance. If you are planning an event, please let one of us know, so we can track the participation. For Upper Peninsula assistance contact Jean Montgomery jmontgom at uproc.lib.mi.us<mailto:jmontgom at uproc.lib.mi.us> or 906.228.7697 x3; For South West Michigan assistance, contact Heidi Nagel hnagel at kdl.org<mailto:hnagel at kdl.org> or 616.784.2007; for the SE Michigan and the northern Lower Peninsula, contact Val Meyerson, vmeyerson at petoskeylibrary.org<mailto:vmeyerson at petoskeylibrary.org> or 231.758.3120.

Check here for more information about FIRST Robotics: http://firstinmichigan.org/ or www.firstinspires.org<http://www.firstinspires.org>.