[Michlib-l] June 17 Ann Arbor Comic Arts Festival Preconference for Librarians and Educators

Anne Drozd drozda at aadl.org
Tue May 31 13:08:32 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

As you may have heard by now, Kids Read Comics has a new name: The Ann Arbor Comic Arts Festival – A2CAF for short.

Along with that we have also renamed the pre-conference: A2 Inkubate, hosted by the University of Michigan Libraries and the Ann Arbor District Library.

Come warm yourself up for the fun events at the Ann Arbor Comic Arts Festival (A2CAF) by leveling up your comics knowledge and skills with the people who care about the medium as much as you do!

    * Connect and explore topics of your choosing in two unconference-style breakout sessions at the University of Michigan Hatcher Graduate Library beginning at 9:30 am.
    * Experience and learn how to use screen printing, letterpress, and 3D printing tools in the Ann Arbor District Library's Secret Lab.
    * Apply and level up your comics-making skills with a fun, interactive workshop.
    * Celebrate and network with your peers at a reception kicking off A2CAF weekend.
This year's pre-conference will be on Friday, June 17 , the day before A2CAF. We have a whole new program this year, with several hands-on activities. Please check out the full schedule at http://a2caf.com/inkubate .

There is no fee to attend this unconference, but please register – you'll find the online registration form conveniently at the bottom of the A2 Inkubate page at http://a2caf.com/inkubate .

Hope to see you there!

-Anne

--