[Michlib-l] MAP: Arnold Transit Company Closure

Jim Flury jflury at tln.lib.mi.us
Fri Nov 4 09:25:43 EDT 2016

All,

Per the Detroit Free Press article Arnold Transit Company is going out of business and selling its boats and docks to Star Line. Arnold Transit Company was a MAP partner, both for its regular ferry service to Mackinac Island as well as for its Sip 'N Sail Cruises. Shepler's Mackinac Island Ferry remains a MAP partner with its regular ferry service as well as with its Shepler's Lighthouse Cruises. We have reached out to Star Line in the past about MAP, but received no response. We will talk to Star Line again in Spring, 2017 about the possibility of them becoming a MAP partner. On that note, if anyone has an "in" with someone at Star Line, please contact me.

Thanks.

http://www.freep.com/story/money/business/2016/11/03/mackinac-island-arnold-ferry/93260488/

Jim

Jim Flury