[Michlib-l] Staff Training Days

Melissa Malcolm melissa at lib.lapeer.org
Thu Nov 10 15:14:05 EST 2016

Hi Anna--

We close on Columbus Day every year for Staff Day. We've had fire fighters demonstrate how to use a fire extinguisher, our safety officer (who's our amazing facilities manager) do his usual bloodborne pathogens presentation, and people from community mental health talk about services. Much of the time is spent catching up on new policies or procedures. Because we're spread out all over the county, it's a good time for staff to catch up and we do allow time for that. Everyone gives a report on what's going on at each branch, and department heads and administrators report too.

This year at lunch we had a tai chi break. Very cool.

Last year we did have a "staff day half day" in June because there were major IT things going on and we needed more time than the hour that we allow for staff meetings.

Budget is $500 for the day. Lunch and breaks are paid for out of that figure, as well as any fees for presenters.

melissa