[Michlib-l] Registration is Open for the Sept. 29, 2017 TLN Technology Forum

Andrea Polsgrove apolsgrove at tln.lib.mi.us
Tue Aug 8 07:54:37 EDT 2017

The Library Network invites you to attend our 2017 Technology Forum

[ http://tln.lib.mi.us/TechForum/ | Click here for more information and registration! ]

[ http://tln.lib.mi.us/TechForum/ ]

Date : Friday, September 29, 2017

Time : 9am-3:30pm

Where : Bloomfield Township Public Library, 1099 Lone Pine Road, Bloomfield Hills

Registration Fee : $30

All library staff in the State of Michigan are welcome and encouraged to attend.

Opening Keynote: A Hop, Skip and Jump Away: Bringing New Technologies to Your Library

Speaker: Ken Varnum , Senior Program Manager for Discovery, Delivery, and Library Analytics, University of Michigan Library

Breakout Sessions

Single Use PCs

Dan Blakney, Librarian Assistant/Tech Support, Allen Park Public Library

Bill Bowman, Head of Circulation/IT Manager, Clarkston Independence District Library

Timothy Sills, IT Support Assistant, Canton Public Library

Virtual Reality Systems for Public Libraries

Scott Rakestraw, Systems Administrator, Novi Public Library

The Basics of Cybersecurity that Every Librarian Should Know

Michael McEvoy, Technology Coordinator, Northville District Library

Networking with Your Peers

Join your peers for a loosely moderated group discussion on current technology topics. Bring concerns, issues, quandaries, and more. The floor is open!

Closing Keynote: Why Don't You Get IT?!?

Speaker: Kevin King , Head of Branch and Circulation Services, Kalamazoo Public Library

Registration

Forum check-in begins at 9 AM with the keynote speaker beginning at 9:30 AM.

Continental breakfast , lunch and afternoon snack will be provided. This year we are offering sandwich and salad choices. Lunches will be provided by Lafayette Market.

Registration fee is $30 per person .

Please register early to ensure you are able to attend. Space is limited and registration is accepted only with full payment.

We are offering two methods of payment for online registration. You can either pay with a check or credit card (via PayPal).

Online registration is located on the TLN website under the category, Special Events or this link: [ http://tln.lib.mi.us/TechForum/ | http://tln.lib.mi.us/TechForum/ ]

Registration deadline is September 8, 2017, or earlier if registration is filled.

Please direct any questions to Andrea Polsgrove, 248.536.3100 x132 or apolsgrove at tln.lib.mi.us

Andrea Polsgrove
Jr ILS/IT Systems Technician
The Library Network