[Michlib-l] free Kindermusik webinar - great for CSLP's 2018 "Libraries Rock"

Lancaster, Catherine (MDE) LancasterC5 at michigan.gov
Mon Aug 14 09:26:09 EDT 2017

Kindermusik
August 17, 2017
2:00 PM
From: Early Childhood Investigations Webinars<http://www.earlychildhoodwebinars.com/>
In this extraordinary webinar<https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8953807353447072513>, presented by Eric Rasmussen, Ph.D.<http://www.earlychildhoodwebinars.com/presenters/rasmussen-eric/>, the early childhood music department at the Peabody Preparatory of Johns Hopkins University, you will begin to understand the stages of early childhood music development and learn appropriate activities you can provide for children that best enhance their musicianship. We will answer questions such as:

  *   What exercises are best to develop proper singing, movement, and rhythm vocabularies?
  *   Why is a diverse repertoire of music important?
  *   What is the value of breaking music down into small patterns?
  *   What are some typical practices that can be inappropriate and may interfere with a child's music development?
  *   What are three basic stages of music development that children move through before they sing in tune and move rhythmically?
  *   How do children learn to crack the code of the adult music understanding world?

All sessions are 1.5 hours long, and include a brief announcement from our sponsor.

2:oo PM - 3:30 PM Eastern Time.

Can't participate in our webinars at the appointed time? Never fear! All of the webinars are recorded. To view the recording, simply register now<https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8953807353447072513> and you will receive an email with a link to the recording when it is ready to be viewed. You can still download the certificate by watching the recording to the end when the certificate link is announced and displayed on the screen.

http://www.earlychildhoodwebinars.com/presentations/young-children-learn-musical-playful-environments-listening-making-moving-music-eric-rasmussen/

Cathy Lancaster

Youth Services Coordinator
Statewide Library Services
Library of Michigan
517-335-8129
517-373-5700 f
LancasterC5 at michigan.gov<mailto:LancasterC5 at michigan.gov>
www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan<http://www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan>

Nourishing Michigan's Future...during school and during the summer!  Find a Summer Food Service Program site nearest you and encourage Michigan's children to Meet Up and Eat Up!    www.michigan.gov/meetupeatup<http://www.michigan.gov/meetupeatup>

[cid:image002.png at 01D2CD53.CCC38130]