[Michlib-l] Eclipse Glasses

Lauren Shea lita.shea at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 13:24:13 EDT 2017

If I were not receiving the digest form of the listserv, I would've seen the 'Solar Glasses: Safety & Reputable Vendors' and not asked what I did yesterday, as I was curious about how many libraries in my area were giving out glasses.

You've all really shed some light on this topic, so thank you.

While the greed and audacity of some people asking for thirty or fifty pairs of glasses is unsurprising, it's strange how there are so many people in this area who want them since it's not in the path of totality.

I wonder if people are just trying to sell the glasses on Amazon, or if they are traveling to an area within the path of totality and want to be prepared...or maybe, there are THAT many people who want to watch the eclipse, in earnest.

Either way, thanks for discussing this topic, as it has been very interesting. I hope all of the libraries throwing eclipse parties have fun, and the eclipse glasses issue doesn't cause more frustration for you.

Lauren Shea