[Michlib-l] CPS reporting question

Ray Arnett rarnett at fremontlibrary.net
Tue Feb 7 14:58:29 EST 2017

If you suspect abuse or neglect, call 855-444-3911 any time day or night.
This toll-free phone number allows you to report abuse or neglect of any
child or adult to the Michigan Department of Human Services.

One number. One call. One person can make a difference

The above information is directly from DHS and the number is the statewide
hotline. If you suspect abuse or neglect, call them. As I understand the
law, librarians are not mandated reporters, but this number should be
available to all of your staff to use if they suspect something.

Ray Arnett, CFRE

Fremont Area District Library

104 East Main Street

Fremont MI 49412