[Michlib-l] Library card numbers on phones

White, Shannon (MDE) WhiteS29 at michigan.gov
Thu Jan 12 12:47:57 EST 2017

Hi Patty.

I personally use an app called Key Ring and my East Lansing Public Library card is on there with other store loyalty and gift cards. I used it this morning with the ELPL self-check system and it worked just fine. You may not have self-check but it was really easy for me since the scanner just reads it off the mobile phone screen.  I suppose it could get sticky if you have different methods of check out and different policies on what is acceptable.

Sdw

Shannon White
Library of Michigan
www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan<http://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan>