[Michlib-l] MeL Minute: MeL Search Box Widget

Biggs, Deb Renee (MDE) BiggsD at michigan.gov
Thu Jun 8 10:14:04 EDT 2017

In a recent MeL Minute we talked about the changes to the MeL homepage search box. Namely, we added two new tabs to expand functionality. Now, you can search MeLCat and Articles and eResources separately at MeL.org<http://mel.org/> as well as searching them together.

This week we updated the code to the MeL search box widget so that it has that same functionality. The widget is 280px wide and 220 px high and the code for placing this search widget on your own website can be found at: http://mel.org/widget/meldiscoverywidget280.html.

Please note that there is code for the header, footer and body of each web page where you want to display the widget and it is found at the link above. The widget for Ploud websites will be updated soon and will be available at the Ploud Knowledge Base helpdesk when it is ready.

MeL databases are available to Michigan residents or Michigan library access only.

MeL Minutes are brought to you by the Library of Michigan.  Want more information on MeL?  Stay tuned for the next MeL Minute available on many Michigan library listservs, email us at contact at mel.org<mailto:contact at mel.org>,  visit http://mel.org<http://mel.org/>, or Sign up for the MeL Minute and other Library of Michigan e-mail lists via GovDelivery<https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/MILOM/subscriber/new>. We encourage you to share MeL Minutes with your colleagues and networks.

Warm regards,
Deb and Sonya

Deb Renee Biggs and Sonya Schryer Norris
Library Consultants
Library of Michigan/MDE