[Michlib-l] LAST Reminder: National LIbrary Legislative Day 2017

Biggs, Deb Renee (MDE) BiggsD at michigan.gov
Thu Mar 9 12:34:48 EST 2017

Please consider joining the Michigan Library Delegation at the 2017 National Library Legislative Day (NLLD) in Washington DC!  As in past years, GaleCengage is sponsoring 2 librarians to attend this important advocacy event.  Click on the link below for more information and to submit for consideration and please share with your colleagues.  Deadline for submitting is March 20th.

http://galesupport.com/legislativeday/

NLLD includes a briefing day (Monday) for librarians from all 50 states who convene in DC to represent their state and its libraries to their Congressional delegations.  On Tuesday, everyone goes to the Hill to speak with their representative.  It's a great way to advocate for federal funding-LSTA, ERate, ESSA, etc.-all of which effect us on the state level and to let Congress know what great work libraries do in their states/districts.  We'd love to have you join us this year!

Best regards,
Deb

D. R. Biggs, MA AMLS
Library Consultant & Michigan eLibrary Coordinator
Library of Michigan/Michigan Department of Education
702 W. Kalamazoo St.
Lansing, MI  48915

Phone:  517-373-4466
http://mel.org<http://mel.org/> Like MeL on Facebook - http://facebook.com/mel.org

[cte-horiz-michigan]   [cte month resized for signature] <http://www.acteonline.org/ctemonth>
Visit www.acteonline.org/ctemonth <http://www.acteonline.org/ctemonth> for more information on Career and Technical Education

February is Career and Technical Education Month in Michigan.