[Michlib-l] Library Parks

Ryan Eby ebyr at aadl.org
Thu Mar 9 12:57:07 EST 2017

Don't have one so take with a grain of salt, but some of the ones I've
visited / seen:

- See if there is a master gardener group in the area. They might be
  willing to put in some display / learning plots or take care of things
  like the butterfly garden.

- If it is right by the library you might look at lending out yard
  games, maybe even on the hourly basis so you have a good chance of
  parts not going missing. Things like bocce, kubb, lawn bowling, etc.
  Our giant jenga (can't be named that) has been really popular and if
  you know a carpenter you could build yourself:
  http://www.aadl.org/catalog/record/1493380

- If you have a larger park then you might look at getting a grant for a
  small pavilion on one end for performances or outside story times. You
  can also hang a sheet and do movie nights. Think I've seen one place
  that rented to local music artists as a venue to help pay for upkeep
  but you'd have to decide if that fits.

Ryan Eby

Ann Arbor District Library