[Michlib-l] Library Parks

Christine Hage christine.hage at rhpl.org
Thu Mar 9 13:13:14 EST 2017

We have a beautiful park on library property.  The local Rotary club
planted and maintains the garden.  We cut the grass and pay for the water
that goes through our sprinkling system.  The city empties the trash
receptacles and and installed and maintains the lights.  Rotary pays about
$4,500 a year to keep the garden weeded.  They sell brick pavers to cover
that cost. http://www.rochesterrotaryclub.org/Stories/rotary-gateway-park

Our library has another beautiful garden in our "backyard".  We paid for
the garden when we opened the library and have five volunteer gardeners
that maintain it.  Their fearless leader is a master gardener.

Christine Lind Hage
Director, Rochester Hills Public Library
Division Councilor, United for Libraries
500 Olde Towne Road
Rochester, MI 48307-2043
248/650-7122

Raising a reader is: Talking * Singing * Reading * Writing * Playing