[Michlib-l] Job posting - DIrector

natalie bazan hopkinslibrary at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 15 13:03:04 EDT 2017

Hello Everyone,

I will be leaving as of March 25th (going away parties are March 22nd in Hopkins and March 23rd in Dorr from 6-8).  Both of the libraries have decided to list this director position as one position with two libraries.  Below I've posted instructions on how to apply and the job description. If out have any questions, please email. Thank you all for a wonderful almost 6 years!

Director of Hopkins District and Dorr Township Libraries. Applications accepted until April 7th at 5pm. Please submit your cover letter, resume, and references to dorrhopsearch at gmail.com<mailto:dorrhopsearch at gmail.com>

Exciting opportunity for an exceptional person! We are excited to begin our search for ... you!  But first a little bit about us. The Dorr Township Library and the Hopkins District Library are separate libraries seeking a director together. Together we serve a diverse population of about 12,000 patrons in a rural to semi-urban area in picturesque northern Allegan County.  The libraries have 9 part and full time employees in addition to their energetic director. We work to promote a culture of learning and excel at unique offerings to our communities. For example our programs have ranged from reading clubs combined with a craft to welding in the parking lot and we offer our patrons loanable Makerspace kits, binge boxes and much more on a combined budget of about $250,000. Both libraries are also actively working with our communities on various betterment projects.

Now here's a little bit of what we are looking for from you. We seek a director who either has a Masters in Library Science or is nearly finished with one. Experience in public libraries is a plus but experience with giving great customer service is a must (think Disney).  Creativity and problem solving is very important for us since budgets are tight and we aim to offer as much as we can for as little as possible. Please remember that these are rural areas, cows are plentiful, the smell in spring can be eye opening and you might be stuck in a tractor induced traffic jam on your way to or from work.  Now for the attribute list:

Required:

-Masters in Library Science or nearly completed

- Grant writing experience

- Computer skills

- Ability and desire to teach classes

- Great communication skills (written and verbal)

- Experience creating and maintaining a budget and preparing for and working with auditors

- Skilled with: Excel, Word, Publisher, Powerpoint, Facebook

- Basic website maintenance

Preferred:

 - 3-5 years library experience

- Knowledge of millage campaigns

- Fundraising experience

Natalie Bazan MA, MLIS
Library Director
Hopkins District Library                       Dorr Township Library
118 E. Main St.                                     1804 Sunset Dr
Hopkins, MI 49328                              Dorr, MI 49323
269-793-7516                                      616-681-9678
http://hopkins.llcoop.org                  http://dorrlibrary.michlibrary.org