[Michlib-l] Events in the Library

Caryn Noel cnoel at sscms.edu
Tue Mar 21 09:47:18 EDT 2017

Hello Colleagues -

I'd like to ask everyone on the list (public, academic and special libraries) about hosting events, mostly for adults (an auction, cocktail party, etc.)  in your space.  Do you have an area dedicated as an event space?  Are there times when events were held within the stacks?  Did this ever include food and beverage? Did you have to move or take down any stack areas? Did this go well?  I'd like to hear all experiences, positive and negative.

I thank you in advance for your insight and advice you can provide.  I will consolidate replies to the list.

Warmest regards,
Caryn

-----
Caryn Noel