[Michlib-l] MLA Executive Summit early bird rates expire Friday

Rachel Ash rfash at milibraries.org
Wed May 17 11:42:56 EDT 2017

What's next? This year MLA Executive Summit explores the future. Looking ahead, we know that there will be more elderly and more children in secondary schools. Baby boomers are downsizing and relocating. What does that mean to our neighborhoods? How will immigration make an impact? Join MLA on Friday, June 2 for this valuable one-day event designed to engage library leaders at the top or on their way to the top. Anyone looking to broaden their perspective should attend!

Friday, June 2, 2017
9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.

Location:
Ann Arbor District  Library: Downtown
343 S. 5th Ave
Ann Arbor, MI 48107

Register Today!<http://members.mla.lib.mi.us/Scripts/4Disapi.dll/4DCGI/events/register.html?Action=Register&ConfID_W=189>

We'll look at the changing Michigan demographics and determine what our rural and urban communities might look like in 2020 and beyond. Using information from the U.S. census, we'll explore the evolving makeup of our neighborhoods and examine segments of the population broken down by age, sex, income and education. In addition we'll analyze trends in real estate sales and values and how that might impact future library funding. Where are people moving and what kind of communities are they looking for? We'll use these trends and analysis to fuel a discussion on the makeup of our future patron.
Join MLA with Michigan's State Demographer, Eric Guthrie and real estate professional Scott Griffith as we look into the future.

Early Bird rates expire Friday, May 19, 2017
For more information visit the MLA website: http://www.milibraries.org/events/executive-summit2017/
Register today!<http://members.mla.lib.mi.us/Scripts/4Disapi.dll/4DCGI/events/register.html?Action=Register&ConfID_W=189>

Rachel Ash
Communications and Membership Coordinator
Michigan Library Association
3410 Belle Chase Way Ste. 100
Lansing, MI 48911
Phone: 517-394-2774 ext. 225
Fax: 517-394-2675
www.milibraries.org<http://www.milibraries.org/>
Connect with us on social media:
Facebook<facebook.com/michiganlibraryassociation>
Twitter<twitter.com/mlaoffice>
[hybrd logo]
Please join us for the Hybrid Librarian Workshop May 19, 2017.
Learn more here<http://www.milibraries.org/events/-hybrid-librarian/>!