[Michlib-l] Shredding Event at a Public Library

Paula Drummond Drummond at ypsilibrary.org
Tue Nov 7 14:32:11 EST 2017

Hello everyone!  Please excuse any cross duplication....

The Ypsilanti District Library is planning to offer a shredding event to our patrons next spring, using Allshred Services. If you have held such an event, either with Allshred or another shredding company, we could use your help in setting this up.

Did you provide shredding for free?

If you charged, did you charge everyone? Or just those who brought bags or boxes past a certain quantity threshold?

If you did not charge but asked for donations, how did you set that up?

How did you limit the event to only your patrons? Check ID? Require a library card?

Our event will be 3 hours long, with a truck capacity of 9,000 lbs., or roughly 300 copy paper boxes full. If your capacity was similar, did you come close to filling up the truck?

If you have any other words of wisdom for us, please share!   Thanks for any help you can provide.

Please direct replies to librarian Christy Havens, havens at ypsilibrary.org<mailto:havens at ypsilibrary.org>  734-482-4110 x 1375

We will be happy to compile a list of responses if there is interest.

Paula C. Drummond
Head, Adult Services Department
Ypsilanti District Library
5577 Whittaker Road