[Michlib-l] Big Read Dearborn CALL FOR ENTRIES deadline extended

Henry Fischer hjfischer7 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 11:30:20 EST 2017

Hi everyone,

As part of our Big Read Dearborn celebration of Jhumpa Lahiri’s *The
Namesake*, we’re sending out a call for family recipes, poetry, or stories.
We haven't received many entries, so we're extending the deadline to *December
31, 2017*. This program is open to all ages and everyone is welcome to
participate. Click* here <https://bigreaddearborn.org/call-for-entries/> *or
visit *bigreaddearborn.org/call-for-entries
<http://bigreaddearborn.org/call-for-entries> *for details on how to submit
an entry. The updated flyer is attached.

Here’s specifically what we’re looking for:

*Family recipes*:

   - Recipes passed down from generation to generation;
   - Something Grandma (or any relative) used to make;
   - Or any original family recipe (including one you made up or put your
   own individual spin on).

Click *here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd-4Vq7XwBRnzTrA8FQ_64DJucU6RzHJdoxQ7Upx4yhvUbmyw/viewform>*
submit your recipe.

*Family stories*:

   - Immigrant stories or stories about the immigrant experience, whether
   of current or previous generations.
   - Name stories: do you have a funny or interesting story about how you
   got your name? Or a story regarding your name or a relative’s name?
   - Family history: do you have a story you’d like to share about Grandpa
   or some other relative? It’s all part of the history.
   - Family tree: have you done any research on your family tree? Got any
   interesting tidbits to share?
   - Fiction or poetry relating to themes of immigration, naming, and/or
   family history.
   - Or a family letter with some context included.

Click *here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeqWaN47-sYXS2W8vk6VCIc4uqmYLqYczGgXCHi3wYRVN4VwQ/viewform>*
submit your story and/or poetry.

Please email any associated photos, images, or illustrations to
thebigreaddearborn at gmail.com.

Your submission may be selected for publication in a community anthology.

If you have any questions, please call (313) 943-2330 or email
thebigreaddearborn at gmail.com.

Thank you!

Best wishes,

Henry

Henry Fischer

Librarian I

Dearborn Public Library

(313) 943-2341

dearbornlibrary.org

Big Read Dearborn 2017-18

Celebrating Jhumpa Lahiri’s *The Namesake*

Be part of the fun:

*Submit a family recipe or story* at bigreaddearborn.org/call-for-entries

*Attend the Kickoff* on Sunday, March 18, 3-5 p.m. at the Michael A. Guido
Theater

[image:
https://bigreaddearborn.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/big-read-2017-18-website-header.png]
<https://bigreaddearborn.org/>