[Michlib-l] What our Summer Reading data tells us in Michigan...

Lancaster, Catherine (MDE) LancasterC5 at michigan.gov
Tue Oct 10 16:59:49 EDT 2017

Are other Michigan libraries tracking reading by books, minutes or hours?  How many readers in Michigan met their library's minimum reading goal?  Take a look at our data on Summer Reading Programs in Michigan, from 2014-2017<http://www.michigan.gov/documents/libraryofmichigan/LM_2017_SRPdata_infographic_603184_7.pdf>, to find out.  For example: 205,989 Michiganders attended summer reading events in 2017!

This data reflects the libraries who submitted the Library of Michigan's SRP Surveys from 2014-2017.  Thank you to all of the 266 libraries who reported in 2017, and those in years past, it gives us a good insight to trends and helps shape future programs.

Cathy Lancaster

Youth Services Coordinator
Library of Michigan
702 W. Kalamazoo St.