[Michlib-l] Program Recommendation

Kate Brown kbrown at cmpl.org
Sat Oct 28 11:38:05 EDT 2017

Hi Everyone ~
On Thursday evening we had a fun program with author William (Bill) Rapai. He presented in other libraries after the publication of his second book, Lake invaders : invasive species and the battle for the future of the Great Lakes. Our program focused on his recently published book on Michigan craft beer, Brewed in Michigan : the new golden age of brewing in the great beer state. Our Director received permission from the Board for us to sample craft beers. There were five (Well four, plus Budweiser as a baseline) beers sampled and discussed. We had 47 people in attendance and they seemed to really enjoy the program.

Bill is a great presenter. He was also a pleasure to work with. We gave him a $100.00 honorarium, but he might do the program for less, or perhaps even just for the opportunity to sell his beautiful book. He lives in Bloomfield Hills so nearby libraries will probably be the best, but he did invite me to tell all the librarians in the state about the program!

Thanks!

Kate Brown
Adult Non-Fiction
Clinton-Macomb Public Library