[Michlib-l] VHS to DVD/Digital Converter in the library

Andrea Estelle aestelle at otsegolibrary.org
Wed Apr 25 08:35:23 EDT 2018

Hi All,

We have tried to add a VHS to DVD converter station in our library so that
patrons can convert their home movies into a usable format, unfortunately
the first machine we tried only works half the time and not at all for any
of the mini-cassettes in a converter.

I'd like to find a better solution and am wondering if anyone out there has
a machine or a PC setup that works really well to convert VHS tapes to DVD
and/or digital and if so can you let me know what you are using?

I was excited how many patrons wanted to use this service and then bummed
when our machine seems to be a dud! Hopefully we can find a better solution
soon!

Thanks,

Andrea

Andrea Estelle, MLIS

Library Director . Otsego District Public Library

Brighten the Corner Where You Are!

401 Dix Street, Otsego MI 49078

(269) 694-9690

 <http://www.otsegolibrary.org/> www.otsegolibrary.org