[Michlib-l] 3D Printed Guns?

ConnieJo Ozinga cjozinga at commercelibrary.info
Thu Aug 2 10:53:35 EDT 2018

Just the other day the Michigan Supreme Court made a decision that allows
schools to ban guns, which they could not do before.  I know Capitol Area
District Library took this question to a higher court a few years ago and
lost.   Any chance we can now get libraries added since the supreme court
decision re schools.

Connie

On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 10:46 AM, Devin Erlandson via Michlib-l <
michlib-l at mcls.org> wrote:

> Some food for thought: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-
> nation/wp/2018/08/01/are-they-deadly-are-they-free-speech-
> explaining-3-d-printed-guns/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.2d42a844f50e
>
> We're mostly well-aware that in Michigan we cannot create policies that
> ban guns from our libraries. Can we ban guns from being 3D printed? I'm not
> 100% sure the answer is so cut-and-dried.
>
> Is this something that's on your radar?
>
> --
> Devin Erlandson, MLIS (she/her)
> Assistant Director
> Allegan District Library
> 269-673-4625
> alleganlibrary.org

Connie Jo Ozinga
Library Director
Commerce Township Community Library
180 E. Commerce
Commerce, MI 48390
(248) 669-8108 x101
www.commercelibrary.info

Raising a reader is: Talking * Singing * Reading * Writing *  Playing

--
The information contained in this electronic message is intended only for
the use of the designated recipient(s). If the reader of this message is