[Michlib-l] Hygiene supplies

Rebecca Higgerson rhiggerson at brandonlibrary.org
Fri Aug 17 13:39:33 EDT 2018

I wanted to share a small success story with everyone.  A few months ago
we were trying to come up with a solution to combat the smell in our small
teen space and we thought that perhaps our young patrons could benefit
from selected hygiene products.  One of our employees contacted our local
food pantry (OCEF) to see if they might be able to help and they gave us a
number of gift cards to purchase supplies.  We put the items in a basket
along with some plastic bags for privacy and our teens have responded
really well to the free items.  On top of that, we just had one of our 5k
sponsors, local dentist Dr. Tahaney, provide us with 24 toothbrushes and
toothpaste.  We love how our community has worked together to solve a
problem that many of our libraries face.  So, has it helped with the smell
in the teen room??  We are happy to report that it has!!  Win-win for all
of us. :)

Thanks,

Rebecca Higgerson
Director