[Michlib-l] Tattoo Presenters-- Responses

Melissa Adkins madkins at romuluslibrary.org
Fri Aug 17 12:15:58 EDT 2018

Hello All,

So after asking for help with tattoo presenters, I received a number of requests asking me to compile responses and send them on. Unfortunately, there was only one response, which I've included below. It seems there is a lot of interest in putting on such a program but none of us are quite sure how to do so! I've reached out to some local contacts but haven't heard much. If I put something together myself I will be sure to send it out to the list.

I planned a tattoo program. I used the Oakland County health department, who offered a safe tattoo and piercing educational class. I also had a a student come in who was going to school to be a tattoo artist from College for Creative Studies. I began the program with a quick history of tattoos and the art aspect, leading with the health and safety, and ended with the artist discussing his passion, experience, and a few stories. It was a summer program and we had small numbers, but no less that any other summer program. Good luck with yours!

Thanks,
--
Melissa Adkins
Adult Services Librarian

Serving Romulus and Huron Township Residents

"You want weapons? We're in a library. Books are the best weapon in the world.
This room's the greatest arsenal we could have. Arm yourself!" - The Doctor