[Michlib-l] GVSU digital preservation survey coming

Randy Dykhuis dykhuisr at mcls.org
Wed Aug 22 09:16:08 EDT 2018

Please excuse any cross-posting.

MCLS is working with Grand Valley State University to distribute an online survey about digital preservation in Michigan. We will send a message with more information and a link to the survey early in the week of August 27.

Beginning with this survey, GVSU Libraries is leading a study that has potential for shaping future programs to support the preservation of digital materials held at libraries, archives, museums and other cultural memory institutions across our state. Other partners on the study include the Library of Michigan, the Michigan Council of Library Directors (COLD), the Michigan Academic Library Association (MiALA), the Michigan Archival Association (MAA), the Michigan Museums Association (MMA), and the Michigan Service Hub for the Digital Public Library of America (DPLA)

The survey will be titled Michigan Statewide Survey of Digital Preservation Programs and the forthcoming email will include detailed information on getting started-please stay tuned. We strongly encourage you to complete the survey and ask staff with the most knowledge of your institution's digital programs to take the lead with completing the survey.

Thank you.

Randy Dykhuis
Executive Director
Midwest Collaborative for Library Services (MCLS)
1407 Rensen Street
Lansing, MI 48910
Phone:  (800) 530-9019 x119
Fax:    (517) 492-3879