[Michlib-l] Teen program attendance and Remind

Keeley Briggs briggsk at branchdistrictlibrary.org
Thu Aug 23 11:54:08 EDT 2018

Hi everyone!

I'd like to pick your collective brains about teen program attendance. Our
attendance is down from last year, and I often have teen patrons tell me
that they "didn't know" about some program or another (that they definitely
expressed interest in). I've been trying to remedy this by using the
service Remind, which was created to allow teachers to send messages and
notifications to students without needing their phone number/email
address/etc. Sounds useful, right? The kids would get program announcements
right on their cell phones. The problem is, I've hardly been able to get
anyone to sign up for it. It's not a difficult process, but for whatever
reason, the teens are super reluctant to actually do it.

Has anyone here had success with Remind at their library? Do you have
another method for making certain that teens know about upcoming events?

I look forward to hearing about your experiences!

--
Keeley Briggs
*Teen Services Assistant*
p: (517) 278-2341 ex. 122  e: BriggsK at branchdistrictlibrary.org