[Michlib-l] UPCOMING WORKSHOP -- Fading Photos: How to Identify, Scan, Restore, and Archive Historical Photographs - February 16

Historical Society of Michigan hsm at hsmichigan.org
Mon Feb 5 15:16:35 EST 2018

Upcoming Workshop . Friday, February 16

Fading Photos: How to Identify, Scan, Restore, and Archive Historical
Photographs

with Robert Myers, Historical Society of Michigan

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Learn more and register on
our website.

This workshop assists small museums, historical societies, and interested
collectors in identifying and preserving their historical photographs. The
presenter will review basic conservation techniques, storage
recommendations, digital scanning, and how to approach cataloging issues.
There will also be plenty of time for participants to ask questions and have
hands-on experiences.

Participants can "attend" remotely, if they prefer. See our website for full
details.

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Learn more and register on
our website.

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan is our state's oldest cultural
organization, founded in 1828 by territorial governor Lewis Cass and
explorer Henry Schoolcraft. A nongovernmental nonprofit, the Society focuses
on publications, conferences, education, awards and recognition programming,
and support for local history organizations to preserve and promote
Michigan's rich history.

  _____

For more information on the Historical Society of Michigan, please visit
<http://www.hsmichigan.org/> www.hsmichigan.org or e-mail us at
<mailto:hsm at hsmichigan.org> hsm at hsmichigan.org.

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan

5815 Executive Dr. . Lansing, MI 48911

Phone: (517) 324-1828 . FAX: (517) 324-4370

Future History Skills Workshops

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Visit our website for full
descriptions of each workshop.

Friday, March 2

Selling History: Operating a Museum Store

Wednesday, March 7

Special Off-Site Workshop in Coloma
The Do's and Don'ts of Successful Grant Writing

Friday, March 9

Keeping Cemeteries Alive! Preserving Headstones and Monuments

Wednesday, March 14

Special Off-Site Workshop in Adrian
Fading Photos: How to Identify, Scan, Restore, and Archive Historical
Photographs

Participants can "attend" remotely, if they prefer. See our website for full
details. (Remote access is not available for off-site workshops.)

Workshops are held from 9 a.m. to noon at the Meijer Education Center at the
Historical Society of Michigan, 5815 Executive Dr., Lansing, Michigan
(unless otherwise noted). Off-site workshops are held 1-4 p.m.

If you are a personal member of HSM or represent an organization that itself
is a member of the Society, registration is $39.

Registration for non-members is $79 and includes a one-year HSM Individual
Level 1 [Basic] membership.

This e-mail is sent to our members and friends to keep you updated on
historical activities and opportunities to learn more about our state's
history. To opt-out, please respond to this e-mail with "remove" in the
subject line.