[Michlib-l] Virtual attendance at board meetings?

Steven Bowers sbowers at wayne.edu
Wed Jan 31 16:29:29 EST 2018

Last time I looked at the MI laws they allowed remote access, as allowed by your institutional bylaws.  What the law does not allow is proxy attendance, i.e. sending someone in your stead.  So, Board members are legally obligated to attend but it does not have to be physically if your group allows other means for live attendance, such as via phone, remote video, etc.

I can try to look up the specifics if you want but that was the gist of it last time I looked.

-Steve

Steven K. Bowers
Executive Director
Detroit Area Library Network

Michigan Library Association, President
ALA Chapter Councilor, Michigan

www.dalnet.org<http://www.dalnet.org>

"DALNET is a community of libraries working together to provide access to information for research, cultural enrichment, and lifelong learning opportunities."

"Wayne State University is Knowledge, Diversity, Community!"