[Michlib-l] Rated R movies

Donna Winter dwinter at livoniapubliclibrary.org
Wed Jul 11 14:39:20 EDT 2018

If it reflects your community's decency standards, I guess it's a reasonable policy, but do you also only purchase books that would not get an R rating by the same standards? i.e. minimal swearing, violence or sexual situations, drug use, etc.

Personally, and professionally, I think the user should decide what's right for them so libraries should carry R rated movies and even the rarely used NC-17. If you're working with a limited budget, then quality, not mpaa ratings should be your guide.

Donna Winter, Automation Services Librarian
Livonia Public Library
32777 Five Mile Road
Livonia, MI 48154
ph: 734-466-2675