[Michlib-l] Rated R movies

Jaema Berman jberman at tln.lib.mi.us
Thu Jul 12 10:55:45 EDT 2018

Our opinion is that it is the patron's responsibility to decide what movie content they are comfortable with. We feel it is not the library's job to police what people watch. The content of the movie is not a reflection on the "character" of the library. There are many awarded films that have an R rating and we focus on acquiring movies of quality regardless of the rating.
Sincerely,
Jaema Berman